Available onsite and online
This course will enable managers to understand the reasons for absence, learn how to devise control measures and deal with both short and long-term absence as well as associated disability issues. Case studies and practical learning opportunities will be used in order to build confidence.
• Learn how to improve employee attendance.
• Pro-actively manage short term absences.
• Manage and support the long-term sick as quickly back to work as possible.
• Understand the legal contracts for dealing with time keeping and attendance.
• Learn how to prevent regular absenteeism from taking advantage or affecting the wider team morale.
• Learn how to conduct an effective ‘back to work’ interview.
• Understand the wider impact of absence
• Understanding your responsibility as a manager
• Absence procedures
• The importance of record keeping
• Identifying patterns and trends of absence
• The role of H.R.
• The difference between short-term and long-term absenteeism
• Absence notification and return to work interviews
• Listening, questioning and setting actions
• Understanding your personal impact
• Dealing with sensitive issues and ensuring confidentiality
• Understanding essential elements of the law surrounding absenteeism
• The importance of setting standards for the team and individual
• Recognising the difference between sickness and nonattendance
• How to structure and conduct return to work interviews
• Role play and practical activities
• Development of individual action plans