Advanced Professional Written Communication Skills
The course covers areas ranging from building rapport in writing, influence and persuasion through to handling complaints, managing conflict and assertiveness in written communications. Delegates will develop their skills and confidence in order to improve emails, letters, memos and reports.
N.B. It is important that delegates bring examples of reports or memos they have produced previously.
- For each delegate to understand the principles of advanced written communication.
- For each delegate to be able to quickly build rapport with their recipient(s).
- For each delegate to be able to communicate in writing with influence and persuasiveness.
- For each delegate to understand how to communicate assertively and manage conflict through their written skills.
- For each delegate to be able to handle complaints using a structured written process to manage the situation to a successful conclusion.
- For each delegate to feel motivated and confident to put learned skills and knowledge into practice.
- Advanced skills – why?
- Maps of the world
- The VAK approach
- Communicating information – 4MAT
- The influencing model
- Assertiveness in writing
- Managing conflict – teddy bears and sharks
- Emotional judo
- Handling complaints
- Practical exercises throughout the day
- Personal development planning