Assertive Communication and Conflict Management
The day also examines a variety of situations in which a manager will need to confront issues and how to do so effectively.
In difficult situations, managers will learn how to manage conflict to positive win: win outcomes.
- For each delegate to understand the difference between passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour.
- For each delegate to understand how to lead with assertiveness.
- For each delegate to understand how decisions are made and how to persuade team members effectively.
- For delegates to understand the need to assertively confront issues with key communication skills.
- For delegates to develop their emotional awareness in order to effectively empathise with their teams.
- For delegates to find the balance of effectively managing relationships whilst achieving their goals.
- For each delegate to understand the key steps involved in dealing with situations of conflict.
- Communication styles.
- Understanding passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Understanding British communication
- Psychology of communication
- Key communication skills
- Influencing with empathy and emotional awareness
- Gaining confidence and self-control techniques for holding emotions at bay
- Managing confrontation, stating your opinion, giving negative feedback and saying no
- Managing conflict and difficult situations
- Understanding and managing emotional reactions
- Action plan and summary