Being an Effective Manager
Each manager will leave the course with a personal action plan for how they will improve their effectiveness as a manager.
- To understand the responsibilities and accountabilities of a manager.
- Understanding the key characteristics of a good manager.
- To build and manage an effective team through key leadership skills.
- To develop essential people management skills.
- To develop key coaching and delegation techniques in order to strengthen the team’s capabilities.
- To increase your confidence, and ability, in performance managing your team members.
- To understand your own leadership style, the impact this can have on others, and how to adapt your style to suit the individual and the situation.
- So what makes a good manager then? – Key characteristics
- Understanding the difference between leading and managing
- Kotter’s model
- What’s My Leadership Style? – Self analysis and review
- Understanding how to effectively manage performance
- The Support and Challenge model – interactive exercises
- Situational Leadership – adapting my style to suit the individual
- Coaching skills – the SOARR model
- Leading and building successful teams
- Characteristics of high performing teams – P.E.R.F.O.R.M. mnemonic. Current state assessment
- Personal action plan