Developing Yourself as a Team Leader
Available onsite and online
Guided Learning Hours
6 hours which are delivered as 1 day (virtual or face-to-face) plus pre- and post-work.
A Question and Answer paper completed at the end of Day 1.
The delegate will be able to:
- Describe the role of the team leader, including details on responsibilities, accountabilities and interactions with team members, peers and managers
- Describe the responsibilities of the team leader within the team, with a focus on how responsibilities are met
- Explain the limits of the team leader’s authority and their accountability with an explanation of what, when and how matters would need to be referred to a higher authority
- Describe an example situation where they would need to refer to someone with senior authority, explaining why this is beyond the responsibility of a team leader and would therefore need to be referred to a senior authority
- Gather comprehensive feedback on own performance from a variety of different sources
- Conduct a full, detailed interpretation of the gathered feedback
- Make an explicit link between the feedback and the identification of the areas for improvement, providing a clear reason for the latter
- Prepare a comprehensive and detailed action plan, complete with objectives, timescales, etc which shows awareness of resource issues and review
- Ensure the action plan addresses development areas in a way that has the potential for a significant improvement in performance