Understanding the recruitment and selection of new staff in construction
Available onsite and online
Guided Learning Hours
7 hours which are delivered as 1 day (virtual or face-to-face) plus pre- and post-work.
A Question and Answer paper completed at the end of the session.
The delegate will be able to:
- Describe how to review work requirements in your area of responsibility.
- Describe and evaluate the options for addressing shortfalls in employees, their knowledge, skills and competence.
- Describe the methods for producing and reviewing job descriptions and role profiles.
- Evaluate different methods of recruitment and describe the associated advantages and disadvantages.
- Explain criteria for assessing and selecting applicants in a fair and inclusive way
- Explain the organisational process for interviewing applicants.
- Describe the methods of informing applicants about the progress of their applications and how to provide feedback for unsuccessful applicants.
- Evaluate different methods of selection and describe the associated advantages and disadvantages.
- Explain how the recruitment and selection process could be evaluated.