It is an uplifting and motivational programme designed to increase delegate confidence as a communicator as well as impart practical communication skills.
- For each delegate to understand the difference between passive aggressive and assertive behaviour.
- For each delegate to analyse their personal communication style and how they are perceived by colleagues and team members.
- For each delegate to understand how they communicate and the benefits of becoming more assertive.
- For delegates to learn how to handle conflict and confrontation.
- For each delegate to understand how to influence others effectively.
- For each delegate to finish the day feeling confident that they can now communicate effectively, influence others and gain positive results.
- Introduction – the psychology of communication
- The impact of conscious and unconscious communication
- The power of listening
- Listening effectively to build rapport
- Analysing and utilising body language
- What’s My Communication Style? – flexibility and adaptability
- Communication – understanding aggressive, passive and assertive messages (body language, voice, words, emails etc)
- Evaluation of delegates’ levels of assertiveness
- Developing assertive techniques such as key listening and questioning techniques
- Setting and communicating clear goals
- Clarifying another’s communication and negotiating as required
- Question techniques to aid understanding
- Conflict management
- Steering conversations and influencing people
- Summary and close