Internal and external pressures can result in people being rude, impatient, aggressive or uncooperative. This ‘Managing Conflict’ course helps to identify how conflict can arise from different personality types, and how to deal with them effectively. It provides the skills and practical techniques necessary for dealing with difficult situations and conflicts effectively and confidently.
- Your negotiation skills will improve and allow you to deal with conflict situations successfully – every time!
- Understand classic characteristics of different personality types and strategies for handling them.
- Pre-empt difficult situations and avoid escalating them further.
- Recognise personality types with which you may personally feel challenged.
- Handle aggressive behaviour.
- Calm angry, upset and unresponsive individuals.
- Understanding behaviour and its impacts
- What makes an individual challenging? Understanding difficult behaviour
- An introduction to T.A. and the psychology behind the communication
- What’s my conflict style? Self assessment
- Key communication strategies that help you deal effectively with different people
- Paraphrasing to avoid assumptions or misunderstandings
- Using feedback in both positive and negative contexts
- Listening and questioning skills to get the true perception of the situation, show confidence and gain control
- Three different behaviour types
- Clarifying the difference between aggressive, assertive and passive behaviour
- Recognising the effects of each type on oneself and others
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Situations that may arise – highlighting practical ways to deal with them
- Dealing in fact– not emotion
- Using positive language and a positive approach to influence outcomes
- Fun exercises based around real-life scenarios
- Action planning
Summary and close