It also examines how to coach and manage the performance of others in order to ensure that they are confident that work will be carried out effectively.
- For delegates to understand the process of effective delegation.
- For delegates to understand what should and should not be delegated.
- For delegates to understand how to empower their teams.
- For delegates to understand how to give feedback on performance
- What delegation is and isn’t
- Why we avoid delegation and the impact of this
- The benefits of delegating
- Linking delegation to performance management and coaching
- Situational leadership and how this relates to delegating
- How to delegate – tools and techniques
- Planning to delegate
- Organisational skills
- Coaching skills – the SOARR model
- Monitoring and measuring
- Giving constructive feedback
- Adapting your style to meet an individual’s confidence and competence level
- Managing motivation
- Action plan and close