- It is the quality of meetings that counts, not the quantity.
- This is a highly participative and enjoyable course using a mixture of tutor presentation, exercises and group discussion.
- For each delegate to understand the structure and purpose of different styles of meetings.
- To enable each delegate to organise and conduct a routine meeting to maximum effect.
- To enable each delegate to identify and develop the skills of a competent Chairperson.
- For each delegate to be equipped to handle difficult participants within a meeting.
- For each delegate to use facilitation techniques and tools to their advantage.
- Different styles of meeting and their purpose
- Why do meetings fail?
- Planning for the meeting – organisational principles that must be fulfilled for subsequent effort to be effective
- Before the meeting – arranging, co-ordinating and communicating
- The meeting in process
- The skills of the chairperson
- Encouraging participation and dealing with difficult people
- Setting objectives, measuring results and managing on-going concerns
- Facilitation skills
- Managing group dynamics
- Brainstorming and objective setting tools