Effectively Managing Performance Reviews
This course will enable a line manager or supervisor to understand the importance of the process to both themselves and their employee and the positive impact this can have on overall organisational performance.
- Understand the need for, and benefits of, a review system.
- Understand the review system (process, forms and follow up).
- Be able to effectively conduct a performance review so that both the reviewer and reviewee get the most out of it.
- Be able to set meaningful, business orientated objectives.
- Be able to deliver positive and negative feedback in a sensitive, objective and solution seeking manner.
- To be able to use effective questioning and listening skills.
- Enhance their own interpersonal skills.
- To finish the course feeling motivated, confident and ready to practically apply their new skills.
- The reasons for having an effective review system
- Understanding the review system: the process, the forms and who is involved at what stage
- Setting objectives using the SMART technique
- Preparing for the review
- Conducting a worthwhile, open and honest performance review
- Skills of a good reviewer, including listening skills, and giving and receiving feedback,
- Using different questioning techniques
- How to use a Competency Framework
- Following up after the review – the GROW coaching model