Finance for Non-Financial Managers
This course is designed to make non-financial managers much more comfortable with financial matters. Delegates will learn how to understand the terms and principles of financial documentation and more importantly how to practically apply them, specifically relating to accounting concepts including profits and cash. They are also given an awareness of a number of vital financial management tools and on how to avoid common pitfalls.
- For each delegate to understand all financial/accounting terminology.
- For each delegate to look at financial trends and how to use these as benchmarks.
- For each delegate to understand the structure of financial statements.
- For each delegate to be able to interpret financial information.
- For each delegate to apply their financial knowledge to their everyday activities, in particular budgets and controlling costs.
- The purpose of accounts
- The profit and loss account
- The balance sheet
- Remittance advice
- Cash is king
- Managers’ responsibilities
- Controlling costs
- Cost cutting
- Ratios and statistics
- Practical exercises
- Action plan, summary and close