Influencing and Persuasion Skills
Rather than looking at traditional negotiations skills, we find that delegates gain most benefit from mastering advanced persuasion patterns and strong objection handling techniques.
This two day programme has been specifically designed for delegates who wish to ‘raise their game’ through learning the art of persuasion and assertiveness communication.
- For each delegate to understand how to use assertive behaviour.
- For each delegate to understand the psychological steps to persuasion.
- For each delegate to learn the art of building rapport.
- For each delegate to understand how to communicate in another’s preferred language/thinking approach.
- For each delegate to learn how to master a number of highly effective influencing patterns.
- For each delegate to learn how manage objections, deflect questions and shift the focus of the conversation smoothly.
Content – Day One
- Maps of the world – understanding our differences
- Assertive communication
- Adopting the values and behaviours of master influencers
- Understanding the psychological steps of influence
- How to create rapport, learning to hold rapport and not break it
- DISC – building rapport with different people
- Building and maintaining rapport with people who are nothing like you
- Pacing and leading others
Content – Day Two
- Negotiating – what is and when to use it
- Exercises to negotiate
- Changing a person’s direction of thought through questioning, challenging and supportive behaviour
- Persuasion patterns
- Objection handling techniques
- Understanding an individual’s values and motivation buttons
- Personal commitments to change
- Summary and close