Influencing and Negotiation Skills
The aim of this workshop is to enable delegates to negotiate assertively both internally and externally and to reach agreements which are not only more profitable, but also smoother and longer lasting.
The course aims to give delegates an increased understanding of how to negotiate through the use of assertive communication skills. This programme is fun, interactive and informative.
- For each delegate to be aware of how to negotiate effectively to get positive results.
- For each delegate to explore negotiating models and approaches.
- For each delegate to be able to identify and practice key negotiating skills.
- For each delegate to understand why people behave in particular ways in negotiating situations.
- For each delegate to be able to develop their own powerful and personal negotiating style.
- For each delegate to be able to negotiate with confidence to a win/win conclusion.
- For each delegate to practice their negotiation skills.
- In what situations are you called upon to negotiate with others?
- Identifying strengths and stretch areas of each delegate/assessing your ability.
Understanding the Stages of Negotiation
- Negotiation models – the win-win approach and the RADPAC method (Rapport, Analysis, Debate, Propose, Agreement, Close)
Planning Your Strategy
- Identifying objectives
- Assessing the opposition/DiSC
- Choosing a strategy
- Finding and working with concessions
- Using an agenda
Thomas Kilmann Conflict Model
- Exploring the five different modes for responding to conflict
- Understanding how this applies to negotiation
Conducting a Negotiation
- Creating the right atmosphere
- Making a proposal
- Responding to a proposal
- Understanding body language
- Using the empathy model
Closing a Negotiation
- Handling a breakdown of negotiations
- Implementing a decision
- Practical activity
- Action Plan, Summary and Close