Managers responsible for conducting performance conversations and PDRs who want to be able to effectively plan and conduct conversations that help people improve their performance.
This module is designed to focus line managers on positively and proactively holding year-round and annual performance conversations with their employees to deliver benefits for individuals and their organisation.
By the end of this e-learning module delegates will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of regular year-round performance conversations and the key skills needed to carry out these and annual appraisal conversations.
- Say what positive performance conversations look like and the responsibility of the manager for handling these effectively.
- Use SMART to agree performance objectives.
- Give effective feedback on performance that encourages a positive response and outcome.
- Use appropriate questions to guide a performance conversation and develop their listening skills.
- Hold honest, effective performance conversations and PDRs with confidence.