Planning and Prioritising Work
Providing delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to focus their efforts where the most business benefit can be gained, this course will develop your knowledge and understanding of achieving objectives through effective time management and prioritising skills.
- Analyse where your time goes and identify the value added activities and time-wasters.
- Set SMARTER objectives for your own workload and prioritise them.
- Use a range of tools and techniques to plan and manage your time.
- Identify the blocks in yourself, others and your current time management systems that affect you achieving your objectives and understand how to deal with these.
- Monitor your progress against an objective.
- Welcome and overview of the session
- How to set SMARTER objectives
- Setting priorities to achieve objectives
- Urgency v. importance when prioritising
- Negotiating techniques
- Time logs
- Constraining or limiting factors
- Application of simply planning and monitoring techniques
- Methods to measure achievement of objectives
- Personal action planning