The opportunity to put into practice the techniques covered during the programme allows delegates to build their self-belief in a supportive yet stretching environment.
- To identify the key factors involved in successfully influencing and persuading a group of people.
- For each delegate to learn to project confidence, composure and competence.
- To enable each delegate to successfully structure an effective presentation.
- To enable each delegate to increase their visibility, effect and impact.
N.B. Each delegate will be asked to prepare a ten-minute presentation prior to the course.
- Structuring a presentation
- Knowing your audience and defining your purpose
- Understanding what gives a presentation IMPACT
- Good and bad habits
- Maintaining interest – development of personal presentation style involving the use of ‘aids’ to maximum effect
- Striping – how to tailor your information to your audience
- Making the most of YOU – appearance, body language and voice and speech
- Gaining confidence through accomplishment
- Questions – using them to create an opportunity
- Effective closing
- Different types and levels of presentation – being aware of formal/non-formal styles and delivery and when to use them appropriately
- One to one coaching exercises
- What if? Scenarios – coping mechanisms for problems or last minute nerves