The aim of this workshop is to uncover the generic functions and activities that are essential to the success of any ‘project’.
This programme is designed for those who are involved in project work and wish to implement a system that will enable them to manage single and multiple projects. It will develop techniques and procedures that reduce risk, cut down stress and utilise the strengths of others.
The programme also examines the skills needed to lead a project management team or a set of individuals with or without having direct management responsibility for them.
- For delegates to describe the role and scope of project management.
- For delegates to define and understand the role of the project manager within their working environment.
- For delegates to uncover the vital phases and stages within a project.
- For delegates to understand how to organise a project from inception to completion.
- For delegates to gain advice on selection and implementation of skills and resources.
- For delegates to improve commitment to their projects by increasing their knowledge of effective leadership and communication skills.
- For delegates to finish the course feeling motivated and confident about putting learned skills in to practice.
- Defining the term ‘project’
- Key steps to any project
- The role of the project manager
- Gaining commitment (support from key people)
- The project life cycle
- What causes a project to fail
- Planning, estimating and scheduling
- Budgeting advice
- Critical path analysis
- Gant charts
- Managing projects with or without a direct team