Stress Awareness for Managers
The aim of this programme is to raise awareness of what ‘stress’ is and how to manage it, improve organisational performance, and reduce sickness and absence.
- For managers to understand the causes of stress.
- For managers to understand how to identify signs of stress in their employees and how to manage it effectively.
- For managers to understand the impact of stress on the organisation and employees .
- For managers to understand how to avoid stress in the workplace and minimise the negative impact of stress on individuals and teams.
- Medical explanation of stress – physical/psychological impact
- What causes stress and how do different people handle it?
- What are the signs of stress and how do you identify it within your own teams?
- What is the impact on organisations? (e.g. current sickness levels/cost)
- Current legislation regarding an organisation’s responsibility for managing stress.
- How does the culture of an organisation affect how people deal with stress?
- What can managers and organisations do to prevent people being adversely affected by stress?
- How to identify stress and how to manage it effectively/the role of Occupational Health
- Identify typical pressured and stressful situations within your own area of responsibility and develop actions for reducing the impact/avoiding stress occurring
- Personal Action Plan