Unconscious Bias Awareness
Managers and employees who want to become more aware of, and better able to manage, their unconscious bias in order to create an inclusive and respectful workplace.
This module will encourage deeper insights into how experiences, culture, bias, and values – whether conscious or unconscious – drive thinking and behaviour. The nurturing of higher levels of consciousness will lead to a more inclusive workplace, better decision making, and positive and effective working relationships. It supports the values of fairness, inclusion and respect.
By the end of this e-learning module delegates will be able to:
- Understand why unconscious bias matters to an organisation.
- Describe the different types of unconscious bias.
- Recognise the impact of their personal bias on others.
- Understand and manage their own natural bias.
- Describe the impact of unconscious bias on decision making, relationship building and team/individual performance.