After a formative career with IBM UK supporting customers and managing teams supporting customers, John’s last corporate role was to develop the strategy and implementation of a major IBM’s company-wide Customer Service initiative. Taking his experiences and the lessons learned at IBM, he took another direction to pursue his passion for developing people, particularly working in the areas of leadership and management. Although John spends much of his time developing and running training events for clients, he prides himself on staying current with the challenges of business and people management by working as an interim manager, consultant, and coach.
With over more than 30 years experience in his field, John’s experience includes:
- Regularly delivering training programmes in management, leadership, project management, personal development, customer service, and Train the Trainer, both virtually and in-person.
- Having extensive and ongoing experience as an interim manager responsible for service delivery and as a consultant advising organisations on service improvement and staff engagement.
- Gained a wide experience in the design, development and running of large stakeholder engagement development programmes (200 – 2,000+ delegates).
- Being an accedited Situational Leadership® trainer and administer, able to interpret the Situational Leadership® LEAD and 360° instruments®.
- International work experience in 24 countries including the USA, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- Having a wide experience in all areas of business, private, public and third sector.
- Being a practised coach and mentor to those involved in development and change.
- An enthusiastic, pragmatic, self-motivated individual and strong team player.
- An effective communicator at all levels, able to motivate and inspire others.
- Capable of fitting into any organisation and sector.
- Someone who is ‘solution focused’ rather than ‘problem focused’.