Specialising in Leadership and Management development, Matt is comfortable working at all levels of a business including First Line/First Time Managers, Leaders of Leaders and Board Directors. Prior to becoming a freelance Leaning and Development consultant, he worked for over 20 years in corporate L&D in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, and North America, designing and delivering training interventions to meet client needs, giving leaders of people at all levels the knowledge and skills to effectively manage and lead themselves, their teams and the business.
Matt believes that theories and models are important as they provide structure, but what really matters is ‘how does it work?’ To address this, he supports his delivery with relevant examples from his own management experience of 15 years to illustrate the topics and help participants see how they can apply what they are learning to their day-to-day roles, understanding that development is not just about providing knowledge, but that to be truly effective it is also necessary to give people the skills to apply their new knowledge.
His aim is to develop people to meet their potential and be the best that they can be to help drive businesses forward.
Qualifications and memberships
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Member of the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Member of the Chartered Management Institute
- Member of the Learning and Performance Institute
- DiSC GB – DiSC Accredited
- NLP Practitioner (Accredited by the iGNLP™ and ABNLP)
- Ei4Change – Diploma in Emotional Intelligence
- Belbin Team Roles Accredited
- Corinium HR Management – 360 Feedback Delivery
- MBA (Merit)
- NEOS Learning – Advanced Facilitation Skills
- The Gober Method™ Accredited Facilitator
- Development Dimensions International – Targeted Selection® Accredited Facilitator
- Business Coaching Foundation – Foundation Programme (ILM QCF Level 3) and
- Advanced Certificate in Business Coaching (ILM QCF Level 5)
- Situational Leadership® Accredited Facilitator Programme
- CIPD – Professional Qualification Scheme – Training & Development Electives (QCF Level 5)
- CIPD – Certificate in Training Practice (QCF Level 3)