Simon is a CIPD qualified learning & development specialist and wellbeing consultant. His career spans 16 years as a leader within Asda Wal-Mart, progressing through a broad range of senior operational, strategic and commercial positions within the Head Office. Simon is supremely customer-focused, with his passion for Learning & Development growing from the pride of seeing engaged and capable people achieve more than they thought possible. This fuels his drive and energy for delivering the most game-changing learning interventions possible.
Simon specialises in all aspects of People Skills, including Leadership, Commercial Management, Customer Excellence, Communication, Teambuilding and Wellbeing. He has also delivered worked within a broad spectrum of Government Departments such as the Royal Air Force, HM Prison Service and the Dept of Work & Pensions.
Simon is committed to helping the ‘whole-person’ to be the best they can be – not purely developing their knowledge & skills. This has led him to become a Hypnotherapist, NLP practitioner and Workplace Wellbeing specialist, giving him the capacity to provide new skills and life-changing support.
His wellbeing workshop portfolio includes Mental Health awareness, Stress Management and Resilience learning for organisations.
Operational knowledge and experience:
- Supply Chain, Logistics and Warehouse Management experience (Asda/Wal-Mart)
- Distribution Centre shift management experience (Christian Salvesen Logistics)
- Significant operational leadership experience turning around under-performing teams and bringing people together to work willingly and well
- Coach & Mentor
- Recruitment & selection lead
- Created Supplier Academy to share knowledge & grow sales
- Delivered £2.4m cost saving resulting in record profitability
- Facilitator for Lexus luxury automotive brand engagement events receiving ‘best-ever’ facilitation feedback and delegate satisfaction scores of 9.9 out of 10 in 2017
- Founded the Liferiders Community Cycling Project using healthy bodies to create healthy minds
- Created & facilitated ‘Handling Challenging Customers with Resilience’ for Suffolk County Council to provide contact centre employees with the skills to handle tough phone calls and maintain their resilience, confidence and energy
- BSc (Hons) Management with Transport
- CIPD (Level 7) Adv. Certificate in Human Resource Development
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in NLP & Coaching
- Lumina Spark accredited practitioner
- Heartstyles accredited practitioner
- Advanced Presentation Skills
- Eureka ‘Train The Facilitator’
- ‘Wal-Mart Institute’ Senior Leadership Programme
- Mental Health First Aider
- Suicide SafeTalk practitioner
- Member of International Stress Management Association (ISMA)